The comprehensive TUG wiki reference; written and maintained by the players.
TUG sits at the crossroads where survival sandbox and multiplayer RPGs meet, offering both elegant simplicity and a world of complex secrets for those who desire to seek them out. The gameplay focuses on Crafting, Exploration, PVP, and role-playing, with an emphasis on immersion and player freedom.
Begin your journey as a Seedling, a race of humanoid beings with special crystals on their hands enabling them to interface with the strange energies and ancient secrets in the world around them. TUG offers a massive procedurally-generated World to explore, full of mystery and danger, with Creatures here and there. How will you and your friends harness these powerful Tools to build a new world?
TUG has been in development for over a year and the developers realize that building their own Game Engine takes up a lot of time. They wish to implement these features before they launch TUG early next year in 2015. They decided to release this early because the players feedback, ideas, and thoughts means everything to them in this early stage. They wouldn't be here without the community so please get involve and let them know how they can make TUG fun for you. They are committed to launching gameplay updates every 4-6 weeks and hotfix patches occasionally.
- TUG is a game to immerse you in its World. It is dedicated to bringing you that experience even if it has to build an engine from the ground up.
- Eternus Game Engine: The developers are building their very own game engine from the ground up. Are they crazy? Yes, but they feel that building an engine to support advanced terrain generation and modding support was very important to their vision.
- Dynamic Crafting: TUG’s intuitive, crafting interface allows creation of a constantly expanding set of tools, weapons, and armor.
- Biomes: Procedural generated biomes - Explore the biomes of TUG, from forests to deserts, including complex cave systems with many more to come.
- Lore and Mythos: Uncover the secrets of TUG’s world through exploration and gameplay, including an entire original Language to translate and decode.
- Player-driven design: How you play will directly influence what Nerd Kingdom prioritizes in development.
- Farming System: Craft a shovel and hoe to prepare your own farm. Gather fruits and vegetables, extract the seeds, and grow your way into a self-sustainable state. Build a fences to protect your food source.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Feel free to register and join our user base by clicking here.
Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the Help:Contents page.
- If you are unsure of what to do or how to create a page, search for a few articles on the same topic and see what they look like. You can always view the source code in a wiki and learn from what others have done.